The Veterans Justice Partnership is a collaboration of community and criminal justice partners with the goal of helping veterans in need. Our mission is to provide veterans with access to information, resources and programs to make positive transitions and lead productive lives.
Its purpose is to propose services and treatment options as alternatives to incarceration. We coordinate services between treatment providers and the courts, attorneys, jails, probabtion officers and houses of correction.
Resources and Services
A VJP representative will:
- Appear in court with veterans to provide information about resources, programs and treatment options
- Provide peer support to veterans involved in the criminal justice system
- Ensure veterans have access to all of the benefits available to them at federal, state and local levels
- Coordinate treatment with local and state probation and parole agencies to ensure seamless services and support to veterans
- Refer and link to services as needed including Medical and Mental Health Care, Substance abuse treatment, Veterans services, Vocational and independent living skills programs, Transitional residence programs, Family support, 12 months of peer support, 12 months of case management
- Any person having a history of military service
- Current involvement with the criminal justice system in Franklin, Hampshire or Hampden counties
For more information or assistance Call Soldier On Toll Free at: