NORTHWESTERN DISTRICT ATTORNEY – JOB POSTING
Date: March, 2017
Position Title: FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR AND FRAUD EXAMINER
To assist in the investigation, evaluation, and prosecution of economic crimes within the 47 communities of the Northwestern District. Work effectively with prosecutors, state police detectives, local law enforcement, financial institutions and businesses, elder and disabled protective services, and others to achieve justice for the victims of economic crime or financial abuse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigate, evaluate, and assist with the prosecution of economic crimes referred to the Northwestern DA’s office. The Forensic investigator and Fraud Examiner shall maintain the highest ethical standards in every aspect of work including rigorously maintaining confidentiality
- Collect and organize relevant data from financial records, digital evidence, victim and witness statements, law enforcement, ADAs, Victim Witness Advocates, and other sources for prosecution of cases.
- To assist with preparation for grand jury indictments, District Court arraignments, and Superior and District Court trials.
- Responsible for working with ADAs and staff on organizing, categorizing and production of discovery on economic crimes.
- Participate in case management meetings to effectively evaluate and investigate cases for prosecution. Complete work in a timely fashion by anticipating the needs of prosecutor and prioritizing time sensitive matters.
- Develop, maintain and update time standards, best practices, and written protocols (with the assistance of the District Attorney and First Assistant District Attorney) for the effective and timely investigation, evaluation, and prosecution of economic crimes.
- Testify as a witness on financial fraud, embezzlement, and elder financial abuse cases.
- Prepare ADAs or state police detectives/local police investigators to obtain documentation or interview witnesses/ defendants about criminal activities.
- Work with ADAs to prepare grand jury subpoenas, witness summons, search warrants, preservation letters, and keeper of records requests as needed.
- Perform any other duties related to the position of Forensic Investigator and Fraud Examiner as requested by the District Attorney, First Assistant District Attorney, or assigned Assistant District Attorneys when needed
Salary and work hours: The Forensic Investigator and Fraud Examiner is a part-time employee, working 15 hours per week, with a schedule of hours to be established by the First Assistant District Attorney. The rate of compensation is $35 per hour, with no benefits.
Qualifications and Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting. Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Fraud Examiner preferred. Must have a background in financial auditing and/or economic crime investigation and prosecution. Must be able to work well with others and be an integral part of the prosecution team; be patient, diligent, and meticulous in conducting investigations and prosecutions; possess good judgment; be a person of integrity and high moral character; and seek justice and truth in every case.
Applicants must submit cover letter, resume and an Employment Application Form . Employment Application Forms can be found below or are available at the Northwestern District Attorney’s Offices.
If you require an accommodation related to a medical condition in order to participate in any phase of the application process please inform the Director of Operations in order to determine what can be done to provide you with an accommodation
Completed application packets may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Martha’s attention at One Gleason Plaza, Northampton, MA 01060.