NORTHWESTERN DISTRICT ATTORNEY – JOB POSTING
DATE: March, 2019
POSITION: Assistant District Attorney - Chief of the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Unit
The Northwestern District Attorney’s Office is seeking a specialized Assistant District Attorney to head the District Attorney’s Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Unit. In 2011, District Attorney Sullivan expanded the Domestic Violence Unit to include Sexual Assault in order to strengthen the office’s prevention, investigation, and prosecution of acts of domestic and sexual violence on victims 18 years of age or older. The unit is responsible for overseeing all cases of domestic violence and sexual assault against adults in the Superior and District Courts in Hampshire and Franklin Counties. The Chief also coordinates and engages in community outreach, education, and training in order to enhance the delivery of services to adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, and improve the overall effectiveness of the investigation and prosecution of these cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all of the legal functions related to the investigation and prosecution of domestic violence and sexual assault cases including grand jury presentations and prosecution in the Superior Court;
- Supervise, mentor and assist other ADAs with respect to their handling of domestic violence and sexual assault cases;
- Respond to requests for assistance/guidance from law enforcement regarding domestic violence/sexual assault issues and investigations;
- Assist law enforcement with pre-charging investigations;
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Northwestern District Attorney’s Domestic Violence High Risk Offender Team;
- Serve as a member and/or District Attorney’s designee on boards, coalitions, task forces and groups as assigned;
- Coordinate and provide training for ADAs, victim witness advocates, law enforcement professionals, and community partners regarding domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Participate in community outreach, education, prevention and training programs;
- Assist in short and long range office planning and the development of goals and objectives for the delivery of services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and the prosecution of these cases;
- Coordinate the maintenance of statistical data and records relating to domestic violence and sexual assault investigations and prosecutions;
- Assist with the preparation and submission of grant applications and reports.
Minimum of six (6) years of experience as a domestic violence/sexual assault prosecutor or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the core functions of the position. Strong analytical, organizational, writing and trial advocacy skills are essential. Supervisory experience, which includes the ability to work collaboratively with others, is required. This position also requires an individual who is able to direct and manage investigatory activities, who is able to initiate and prosecute cases and who is highly motivated to work in the public interest.
The Chief reports directly to the First Assistant District Attorney.
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 plus medical and other employee benefits.
NORTHWESTERN DISTRICT ATTORNEY – JOB POSTING
DATE: MAY 2019
POSITION TITLE: IT SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The IT Systems Support Engineer (“ISSE”) for the office of the Northwestern District Attorney (“NWDA”) is responsible for providing support for all IT functions in the main office and all satellite NWDA offices throughout Hampshire and Franklin counties. The ISSE reports to the IT Director, and assists the IT Director and the Operations Manager with all IT-related tasks. The ISSE will master and provide support for all NWDA IT systems, and will be assigned primary responsibility for certain systems at the discretion of the IT Director. The ISSE provides 1st tier technical support to staff on Windows-based workstations operating in a Windows domain environment, and assists the IT Director with installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance of the workstations, servers, network, backup systems, and printers. The ISSE will take the lead in providing courtroom support and pre-trial assistance for multimedia presentations. The ISSE will assist with deployment and utilization of databases, including the Damion case-management system and numerous Access and Paradox databases. The ISSE will assist with maintenance of the NWDA website and Intranet site, and the filming and editing of public service and training videos. Duties require being on-call on some evenings and weekends to provide emergency technical assistance to NWDA staff, and maintenance to critical NWDA systems. The position requires traveling to satellite offices, providing in-court support, and filling in for the IT Director in his absence. Applicant must have a car and be capable of lifting heavy equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiarization with all NWDA IT systems;
- Respond to calls for assistance from NWDA staff. Work with staff to identify and resolve problems with their computers, including hardware, installed software, and network and printing related issues;
- Documents, tracks and monitors support requests to ensure a timely resolution;
- Install and replace printer supplies;
- Travel to satellite offices to provide in-person assistance as needed;
- Assist with the on-going development and support of the NWDA technical infrastructure;
- Provide general system-level support, including configuration, maintenance, and support of workstations;
- Assist in the deployment of new PCs, including imaging, installing software, testing, and installation;
- Assist with maintenance of the network, backup, and server systems;
- Update workstations utilizing LANDesk;
- Help create and maintain user and workstation listings in Active Directory;
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot group policy settings;
- Maintain email accounts in Microsoft Exchange Management Console;
- Ensure all workstations are up to date on anti-virus protection;
- Maintain backup system;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of software upgrades;
- Help maintain an inventory of equipment and software;
- Provide support for servers running Windows and Citrix Presentation servers.
- Setup and train users to connect remotely using VPN and Citrix;
- Learn both the user interface and underlying data structure of the Damion case management system.
- Provide end-user and system support for Damion;
- Design reports using Crystal Reports for Damion, Access and Paradox databases;
- Assist with support for the Digital Case Files system and AccuRoute document routing software;
- Provide support for numerous Paradox and Access databases;
- Assist with maintenance of the NWDA website and with the development and maintenance of an NWDA intranet;
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office applications to prepare multimedia court presentations, and to edit training and public service videos;
- Provide support for Microsoft Office applications;
- Utilize specialized audio and video forensics software to improve the quality of video surveillance and audio files to be used as evidence in court proceedings;
- Be prepared to provide direct in-court assistance to prosecutors, including assisting with multimedia presentations, setting up hardware and testifying to the preparation of evidence;
- Travel to the NWDA satellite offices throughout Hampshire and Franklin counties as needed;
- Perform related duties such as attending seminars, workshops, training sessions and professional meetings, Fill in for the IT Director in his absence, including being on call on evenings and weekends; Carry out other related duties as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in technical operations relative to technical infrastructures and systems
- Knowledge of MS Windows operating systems environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Organizational Units
- Knowledge of IVANTI systems management software
- Knowledge of Citrix Presentation Server
- Knowledge of Symantec Anti-Virus
- Knowledge of AppAssure backup system
- Knowledge of Damion Case Management system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of MS-Access, Paradox or other Database Applications
- Knowledge of Exchange Management Console and Outlook
- Some experience with Visual Basic for Applications and PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in organizing work processes and functions to facilitate the use of computer methods
- Experience providing technical support for computing infrastructure
- Ability to plan and conduct technical training
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Capable of troubleshooting problems with elusive solutions
- Ability to work closely on technical issues with people who are not technically proficient
SALARY: Range of $40,000 - $50,000 plus medical and other employee benefits.